Introducing Nox Parr
1. Where are we talking from today?
a. I’ve been under the weather all week so I’m in my bedroom right now recuperating out in South Florida. I’m originally from The Bronx, NY though.
2. How is 2018 treating you so far?
a. For my music career it’s been great. A lot of opportunities have opened up and people have been starting to take notice to and recognize my sound. In my personal life there’s been a lot of turmoil but hey that makes for good material.
3. How did you get involved in music?
a. I was a quiet kid living in a crazy environment. I was real observant and introverted until my older cousin who I was very close to was killed. After that I didn’t speak for like a year then when I did start speaking again rap was how I chose to express myself.
4. When did you make music a priority?
a. I’ve always been dedicated to the craft however I really started making the necessary moves to take it to a professional level about 6 months ago.
5. What inspires you daily to write & record music?
a. Life. I think it’s important that art imitates life. I try to make music with original content that people can relate to.
6. Name 1-2 highly influential musicians that you listen to and respect?
a. JAY Z is probably my biggest influence not only as a rapper but just overall business man and how he conducts himself. I have a lot of respect for dude. Michael Jackson is probably my second most influential for the same reason plus he’s Michael Jackson...need I say more?
7. When it comes to how the music enthusiast listens to your album do you prefer they buy or stream and why?
a. I’d say buy because there’s layers to my music. You can listen to it once and get certain things but may not get all of the nuances. I also feel like my music is best in motion either in a car or jogging. You can sit down and just listen but I think motion adds to the experience.
8. Do you have an album/EP out now that readers should check out or are you about releasing singles?
a. “The Fallen” EP should be released by the end of June 2018. I have a few singles in rotation currently on iTunes and Spotify.
9. Music wise, what are you working on?
a. Building my catalog. The most important thing I want to do with this music is speak my truth. Contribute as much as I can because music has helped me so much in life. I just want to pass the torch. I got mixtapes and other EP’s in the works. I actually am working on completing the project after my next already. I’m just trying to produce as much as I can while I still can.
10. Do you have any plans to tour?
a. I’m doing shows typically 2 – 3 times a month locals no immediate tour plans but we’re working on that.
11. When you are not making music what else do you enjoy to do?
a. I’m running my other companies or looking for other business opportunities. When I’m not doing that I’m spending time with my kids and just enjoying life.
12. Where you @ online?
a. I’m everywhere online. Here are a few of my links: